Happy Yogaversary to me!
Today marks one year since I’ve begun my yoga practice. It’s been quite the journey and I’ve learned so much! Since then, I’ve completed 30-day challenges (currently embarked on number four) and have been named ‘Yogi of the Month‘ by my favorite studio, YogaSpark.
To celebrate I thought I’d jot down a collection of quirky thoughts I’ve had in the last year, during my time on the mat.
Which can you relate to?
- Are the back of my earlobes sweating? I didn’t even know that was a thing
- I need a pedicure… PRONTO
- There’s no way I can hold this pose for too long
- This instructor is seriously nuts if she thinks my body can do that!
- Wait it can!
- Wow, and I can hold it for longer than I thought
- Crap I fell out of Half Moon again, I thought for sure this time I could lift my hand to my heart, oh well next time
- Is that B.O.? Great, and there’s no way of knowing who it could be
- Wait, is it me? *Checks* Phew, no, but still… I’m trapped here for the rest of the class in B.O. purgatory
- I feel my balance is so much better today than it was yesterday
- I don’t believe there is anyone who can balance a tree pose in the dark, no way
- I need a manicure
- I wonder what I’m going to eat after class
- Is that a piece of lint on my mat?
- My neighbor is totally thinking I’m OCD with the number of times I’ve straightened out my mat towel
- What time is it?
- *Mentally hums to Nelly’s Hot in Herre*
- Blah, why are there so many people here today? There’s no room for me!
- Clear mind
- This is like the 50th chaturanga and my arms are now officially made out of butter
- *Crowded studio* – Did she just place her mat, right in front of me? I won’t see my poses in the mirror now
- *Empty studio* – Did she just place her mat right in front of me? WTFFFFF I don’t even get it
- Now I’m moving because this is ridiculous
- *Scans the room* – Why aren’t people wearing headbands? Am I the only one who cares about getting sweat and hair in my eyes?
- Excuse me, but is her hair down?
- I’m going to sleep so well tonight
- I feel so zen already
- Did my phone light just go on?
- *sneaks a peek* I wonder how many of these prayer poses are as peaceful as they look
- Can savasana be the second half of the class?
- Hot Fiery Cheetos are so damn good
- Why do men grunt so loudly?
- I wonder if I’m the only one who finds this strange
- There should be a studio-wide ban on grunting over a certain decibel
- Ugh, clear your mind!
- I wonder what my group text is chatting about right now
- Woah are my arms toned?
- This lady next to me is twice my age and is totally ripped
- Maybe you have to be older to be ripped like that
- I’ll wait
- Wondering if after this challenge I’ll be ripped
- Downward dog annoys me
- Why can’t it be child’s pose?
- Why is it called child’s pose? I never see children in this position
- Thank God it’s over
- I’m seriously a yoga goddess
Share in the comments your quirky yoga thoughts!