Great content creators are all over the web and gaining inspiration from them is something that is a daily on my to-do list. When I find someone I like, not only do I follow their social accounts, but I become an avid reader and this is what this post is about. I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Jessie at Two Little Homeschoolers, a super adorable parenting blog. Thanks Jessie!
I’ve chosen a few of my favorite blogs to share with you so you can take a peek at what I peek at daily. But first, the details.
What exactly is this award?
The Versatile Blogger Award is given to bloggers by their peers to recognize talent around the web.
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their link.
• Nominate up to 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs. Also, inform them about the nomination.
• Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know.
7 facts about me
- Whenever I see road kill on the street, my heart drops in that way it does when I’m at the dip of a roller coaster ride. I feel terrible to see that an animal died, it really gets to me
- When I was little I walked with my feet inwards, my mother freaked out and took me to a podiatrist in Spain who ended up prescribing me black clunky orthopedic Mary-Jane style shoes – (yes, they were as awful as they sound) – turns out, the genius of the doctor, inverted the heels and for a full year my condition had gotten worse. Thankfully my mom never gave up and when we came to the states for a visit, I had to wear plastic insoles in my shoes for years #TheStruggleWasReal Update: I walk in a straight line now! Thanks Ma!
- As a teenager I created color coded lists of the outfits I would be wearing when I went to Spain for vacation in the summer. I try to go around the same time every year so I know the itinerary by heart, naturally my friends made fun of me. This way I pack everything I need without having to shop. I’ve smartened up since then, so now I pack enough clothes for half my trip and shop the Spanish fashions while I’m there
- In fifth grade I won a county-wide contest for the best drawing of a house; ironically, I am not artistic at all, and cannot draw to save my life; the family artist is my brother
- I had my tongue pierced in college and shed a single tear as the needle went through, obviously a dramatic moment
- I need to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door in case I need to make a quick exit
- As a child, I found a live shrimp behind my Abuela’s house, put it in a bucket and took it home. I had a pet shrimp for exactly one week living in tap water and feeding it bread crumbs. After his obvious impending doom, I invited all my friends to his funeral, there was a quick viewing as he laid on cotton balls inside a match box – later to be wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper. Two weeks later I exhumed his body to check how he was doing. He smelled gross and I quickly buried him back up. RIP no-name-shrimp.
Now it’s my turn to nominate some other amazing bloggers out there!
Boy Meets Girl – Rockin’ clothing and a blog to match
The Style Contour by Jalisa – An OOTD haven and now for the mama-to-be
stilettobeats by ejc – Latest trends with a pinch of boho
Seamsforadesire by Jessie – A place where fashion and food collide in Málaga
What Riva Wore – A late night Irish dance instructor sharing her fashion sense
Headstands & Heels by Melanie – A little bit of fashion and whole-lotta-yoga
Om & The City by Jules – Yoga all day errr’day
Kayla in the City – For the real deal about fitness and healthy living
New York for Beginners – Fashion by a pretty Spanish girl with some serious organic beauty reccos
Publyssity by Alyssa – Life as it happens in style in NYC
Enjoy all the inspo!